EOP Achievement Awards
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) honors a select number of students each year with the EOP Achievement Award. This award recognizes students who have worked to achieve academic excellence while contributing exemplary community service on campus and/or in the surrounding community.
Achievement Award applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be an EOP student, meeting ANY of the 3 criteria below:
a. Low income (Pell Grant or Dream Act Scholarship eligible as verified by Financial Aid)
b. First generation college student
c. Historically underrepresented student
2. Must have demonstrated leadership and service on campus and/or the community-at-large
3. Must have a minimum UCB cumulative grade point average of 3.0
4. Must have Junior or Senior standing by the beginning of the Spring 2013 semester Transfer Students Only: Must have completed a minimum of 30 units at UCB by the beginning of the Spring 2013 semester.
5. Must be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (extenuating circumstances will be considered)
Students who meet the above criteria are encouraged to complete and return the award application, a personal essay, a statement of plans after graduation, a resume, and one letter of recommendation to:
Quamé/John Patton, Academic Counselor, UC Berkeley Educational Opportunity Program Mailing Address: 119 Cesar Chavez Student Center, Berkeley, CA 94720-4210
Email email@example.com for an application and instructions on how to apply.
DEADLINE IS MARCH 3rd, 2017, 5PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!