SHARE YOUR UNIQUE STORY!
USE THE POWER OF AN IPAD TO TELL YOUR AUTHENTIC NARRATIVE! LEARN HOW TO DESIGN CREATIVE VIDEOS!
Tell your authentic story: with digital video! The "Authentic Berkeley" project will teach students how to create unique video narratives using iPads provided to them. You will be mentored by a professional film and video artist to help you achieve your authentic stories that need to be told! During the Spring 2015 semester you will attend a 2-hour class, once a week (held in the evening), with a Berkeley Art Studio artist. You will be taught narrative development and basic digital sound/photo/video production on an iPad using apps like iMovie, Pinnacle, SloPro, and iMotion. Students will learn how to create digital stories that reflect their journey to Cal, experiences as Berkeley students, and their individual imaginations! The digital stories created will be featured at authenticberkeley.tumblr.com and as public art on monitors in the new Student Union.
Applications due December 1, 2014
- Able to commit to a 2-hour weekly course (held in the evening) for the Spring Semester
- Able to work outside of class time on your project
- Currently enrolled UC Berkeley student
- Good written and verbal communication
- Interest in storytelling, blogging, or self expression
- Experience with social media, at least on a personal level
- Desire to be creative and tell it like you see it!
This course is free thanks to an Innovation Grant provided through the Division of Equity and Inclusion. This program is brought to you by the Educational Opportunity Program and the Berkeley Art Studio in collaboration with Student Affairs Communications, and Cal Recreational Sports.
- Application review: December 2, 2014 to December 12, 2014
- Please note the "The Authentic Berkeley" project has limited space, we look forward to reviewing your application! Apply today!