EOP offers guidance and support to help students understand their campus budgets and financial aid awards. Staff also help students with Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) issues and appeals, financial aid budget appeals, and referrals to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. In addition, EOP offers modest assistance towards student expenses by offering limited grants, waivers, deferments, and fee reductions.
Carroll Grant (formally known as "Discretionary Grant")
Low-income EOP students may qualify for an EOP Carroll Grant. Students must submit a completed EOP Carroll Grant Application.
Applications will be accepted until March 17th. For more information about the Carroll Grant, please contact Marcos Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on emergency loans, please visit the emergency loan section of the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office website.
Fee Reductions and Deferments
Low-income EOP students are eligible to receive fee deferments and/or reductions (housing, readmission, etc.). Deferments and/or reductions are available for the following:
- Readmission/Enrollment Fee Waiver
Waives the $70.00 processing fee of the readmission application.
- Berkeley Student Cooperative Housing (Deposit Reduction)
Students receive a deposit reduction and are given priority housing placement in the Berkeley Student Cooperative.
- Residential Living and Family Housing Fee Deferment
Students may be eligible for a deferment of the application fee for university housing. Contact any EOP Academic Counselor for assistance.
Graduate/Professional School Admissions Exam Prep Courses
EOP has established agreements that provide significant reduction in fees of various graduate/professional school admission exam prep courses for low-income EOP students. Our current agreements include:
- Princeton Review: One time 50% fee reduction for any exam prep course
- Blueprint: One time 50% fee reduction for LSAT exam prep course
- Manhattan Prep: One time 50% fee reduction for GMAT, GRE, or LSAT exam prep course or self study option. (Open to all EOP students).
- TestMasters: $500 off the live LSAT prep course
- TestCrackers: ALL EOP students can receive a one-time $650 discount on the full GRE or GMAT test prep course TestCrackers.
- Kaplan: Starting Line Program offers 20-60% off any course based on Expected Family Contribution and GPA information*
- Testing for the Public
Letter of low-income verification
Students may request a letter of verification from Cal Student Central that confirms their status as a low-income student.