The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) honors a select number of students each year with the EOP Achievement Award. This award recognizes students who have worked to achieve academic excellence while contributing exemplary community service on campus and/or in the surrounding community.
Achievement Award applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be an EOP student, meeting ANY of the criteria below:a. Low income (Pell Grant or Dream Act Scholarship eligible as verified by Financial Aid)b. First generation college studentc. Historically underrepresented student
2. Must have demonstrated leadership and service on campus and/or the community-at-large
3. Must have a minimum UCB cumulative grade point average of 3.0
4. Must have Junior* or Senior standing by the beginning of the Spring 2016 semester*Transfer Students Only: Must have completed a minimum of 30 units at UCB by the beginningof the Spring 2016 semester.
5. Must be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (extenuating circumstances will be considered)
Students who meet the above five criteria are encouraged to submit this form online by midnight on Friday, March 4, 2016. No late applications will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Your Letter of recommendation should come from someone familiar with your community service. Students selected for an award will receive between $300 and $1,000, based upon available resources. Past award winners are not eligible for consideration.
Award ceremony will take place at the UC Berkeley Alumni House on Thursday, May 5, 2016 from 4-6pm.